Are you a globetrotter, feeling thrilled in foreign lands? Obviously, you are an adventurer plagued with one problem, money. But, who says that broke wannabe travellers can’t have fun? Well, get on board and see for yourself the best vacation destinations for your next budget-friendly escapade!
Vietnam is the up and coming tourist haven for budget backpackers. It is known for its beauty and rich culture with its tropical beaches, historical ruins, and grand Buddhist temples.
Following the backpacker style, a $5 can rent you a variety of hostels at your disposal. You can also get down with the locals and hit the streets to get a $1 to $2 compete for the meal. And if you’re feeling fancy once in a while, your $5 can already get you a nice meal with the perfect sip of wine (or booze).
Here are some of our hand-picked tourist spots:
- Tour the infamous “Mekong Delta” or the floating market.
- For fun under the sea, try Nha Trang City – the beach and diving capital.
- Reconnect with Mother Nature through the national parks and get lost in its caves and jungles.
Welcome to Ecuador, the jack of all trades of South America. In one country you can an exclusive view of party beaches, tropical rainforests, mesmerizing mountains, and stunning islands.
Ecuador’s capital city, Quito, is home for numerous cheap hostels costing about $8 per night. And as always, locals will lead you to affordable food for a broke traveller’s standards. The price fluctuates from $1.50 to $8.50 – the latter being a restaurant, so don’t complain!
Try not to miss out on these activities:
- Bike around Quito and discover this jaw-dropping UNESCO world heritage site.
- Go to the adventure capital of Ecuador, Baños, and get filled with everything nature.
- Explore the Galapagos Islands and befriend its diverse wildlife – from adorable sea lions to waddling penguins.
Want more Mother Nature? Venture off to the tropical gem of East Africa, Tanzania! Sightsee in its plains as if you’re watching the National Geographic Channel. Be one with the lions, zebras, and cheetahs in the Serengeti!
Accommodation costs $10 to $12 with a bonus view of Kilimanjaro if you choose wisely. You also won’t starve with just a $1 local meal option. And if you’re feeling like you want to binge, you can hit the diner for just $2 to $5 as cheap as you can get for another USD-currency country.
Don’t miss out:
- No one can leave Tanzania without visiting the snow-capped mountain Kilimanjaro.
- Visit the islands of Zanzibar to party “full moon style” and enjoy the ocean with watersports.
- Find the hidden treasures in Tanga City, a laidback city with caves, springs, jungles, you name it!
So what are you waiting for? Get on the next flight to these three countries in three continents and arrive at the best travel destinations you can get for you cheapskates.